A ceiling fan installation is when a ceiling fan is added to a space on the ceiling that is empty with no existing fan, while a relocation is when an existing fan is moved to a different location on the ceiling or wall. Condition of the walls and distance from the nearest power source will be the biggest cost factors when it comes to labor. Working on exposed walls without drywall or insulation takes less time and work for an electrician. Finished walls may require additional work and drywall repair, increasing the total project price. Having easy access to an attic space above where the fan will be installed also help significantly for an easier and faster install. Consult Spotlight Energy for an exact estimate on ceiling fan installs in the Southern New Jersey area.
Ceiling Fan Replacements
A ceiling fan replacement is necessary when there is a need for a repair to an existing fan that may no longer be operable. Replacements can also be necessary if the property owner has the need for a change in look, style or functionality of an outdated ceiling fan. If there is no need for a repair diagnosis to confirm a broken fan, a simple replacement of a ceiling fan can be a minimal cost to the property owner.
What Are The Benefits of Regular Ceiling Fan Maintenance?
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your ceiling fan running smoothly and extend its lifespan. Our team of experts at Spotlight Energy Solutions can provide professional maintenance services to ensure that your ceiling fan is in top condition.
Here are some benefits of regular ceiling fan maintenance:
- Improved performance: Regular cleaning and lubrication of the fan's components can help improve its overall performance, ensuring that it operates quietly and efficiently.
- Energy savings: A well-maintained ceiling fan can help reduce your energy consumption by circulating air effectively, allowing you to rely less on your air conditioning system.
- Cost savings: By preventing potential issues and addressing them early on, regular maintenance can help you avoid costly repairs or the need for a premature replacement.
- Enhanced safety: Our experts will inspect the electrical connections, blades, and other components of your ceiling fan to ensure that they are in safe working condition, reducing the risk of accidents or electrical hazards.
- Extended lifespan: With proper maintenance, your ceiling fan can last for many years, providing you with comfort and cost savings in the long run.
Don't wait until your ceiling fan breaks down. Contact Spotlight Energy Solutions today to schedule a maintenance service and keep your ceiling fan running smoothly.
There may be times where a property owner notices that a specific ceiling fan is not properly working. The issue at this point remains a mystery as the lack of power could be caused by faults at a light bulb, the switch controlling the fan, the ceiling fan fixture itself, or perhaps a more complex wiring issue.
This job description would fall under what licensed electricians consider a service call or "troubleshoot" that is billed on a time and material basis in order for a professional to come onsite, take apart fixtures or devices, and diagnose the true electrical issue.
Service call / troubleshoot rates vary in structure form one licensed electrician to the next. Consult Spotlight Energy on their latest repair rates in the Southern New Jersey area.
Additional Costs Beyond the Fan Install
Today's National Electric Code requires any ceiling fan to have proper joist support within any home or business. This requires the installation of specialized brace support boxes in order to legally and safely complete this install. If no brace support already exists, there will be an added labor and material cost to the project on top of the ceiling fan install itself.
We continuously work hard to uphold our reputation of high-quality services, while simultaneously establishing a goal of building a greener future through renewable energy solutions.
We never recommend DIY or handymen for electrical work. There are major disadvantages when completing electrical projects through an amateur installer. We recommend consulting an experienced and licensed electrician anytime electrical work is involved. When using an amateur:
- You take on a higher risk for potential fire hazards that could harm your family and destroy your belongings. There's a reason why many states require that you earn your electrical license through an accredited schooling program - it's serious and skilled work.
- You may not be covered by insurance for the install or replacement. Most handymen do not carry any insurance policies for the work they conduct leaving you high and dry with no coverage when an issue arises.
- You run the risk of improper installation. More often than not, handymen incorrectly wire things and are not up-to-date with national electrical code. This leads to broken, inadequate, and unsafe fans over time. Ultimately, leaving you paying double for future returns and repair work. Do it right the first time with Spotlight Energy.
Founded in 1987, Spotlight Energy Solutions (formerly Spotlight Electric) has become one of the most trusted installers of renewables and custom electrical products and services. Spotlight Energy has served over 4,000 customers and completed over 20,000 installs across New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.